HSMC features top-quality faculty members, innovative degree programmes, and impactful research with the aim to nurture young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, and social responsibilities.
Schools and Departments
HSMC has five schools and ten departments offering a wide range of degree programmes.
- School of Business
- School of Communication
- School of Decision Sciences
- School of Humanities and Social Science
- School of Translation
Curriculum and Programmes
HSMC structures its undergraduate curriculum with a balance of three components: Major Studies, Common Core Curriculum and Free Electives. Minors are introduced to give students a second focused study area.
- Actuarial Studies and Insurance
- Applied and Human-Centred Computing
- Asian Studies
- Business Administration
- Cultural and Creative Industries
- Convergent Media and Communication Technology
- Corporate Governance
- Data Science and Business Intelligence
- Financial Analysis
- Journalism and Communication
- Management Science and Information Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Translation with Business
Putting quality teaching and student development as its primary mission, HSMC aspires that research informs teaching and contributes to the advancement of the society.
We have a vision – to become a leading private university in Hong Kong.
- Simon S. M. Ho
- Hang Seng Management College
I miss hall life at HSMC. Preparing desserts and watching movies together with my hall mates were all precious moments to me.
- Mr Lai Tat Shing, Rex
- BBA, Graduate of 2014
Development of the financial field has become more and more complicated, thus resulting in greater demand for professional business journalists. In the past, many practitioners had a thorough understanding of the finance field but they were not trained journalists. In other cases, some journalists were well-trained but they lacked an understanding of financial basics.
- Ms Tsang Yuen-han