The Department of General Education provides well-balanced general education for undergraduate students of various degree programmes. Its various modules aim to promote intellectual inquiry and effective communication, drawing on rigorous and diverse contents from the arts, humanities, social sciences, health and science and technology.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a rigorous general education for students in preparation for their major studies;
- To promote integrative learning through competing critical viewpoints and a variety of pedagogical models;
- To foster speaking, reading, writing, critical thinking, communication skills, and IT and numerical skills necessary for students’ academic studies and future successes in an ever-changing world;
- To cultivate students to be literate and responsible participants in the workplace, society and the world; and
- To develop students’ understanding of the ethical values and dimensions of their actions.